SAVE THE DATE: Highline Classic Jazz Festival will be Saturday, March 8
Here’s a great New Year’s Resolution – plan ahead to attend Puget Sound’s premier classic jazz festival on Saturday, March 8!
Burien Arts Association’s 6th Annual Highline Classic Jazz Festival will run from 2:30 – 10 p.m. that day at the beautiful and historic Landmark On the Sound Event Center, located at 23660 Marine View Dr. S. in Des Moines.
Bands will play on three stages within the Center, presenting many styles of jazz including Straight Ahead Jazz classics, early and mid-20th century jazz styles, from Dixieland, Gypsy Jazz, Blues, Western Swing, Ragtime and Big Band Swing.
This great jazz experience includes: Concerts, Dancing, Food and Drink, and an opportunity to mingle with the musicians. The bands include:
- Ambience (www.ambiencejazz.net)
- Casey MacGill’s Orchestra
- Double Bill (Bill Anschell & Bill Ramsey) (www.billanschell.com)
- Holotradband (www.holotraband.com)
- Jacqueline Tabor Jazz Band (www.jacquelinetabor.com)
- The Jangles (www.janglesband.com)
- Jennifer Scott & Rene Worst (www.jenniferscott.ca)
- Jump Ensemble (www.jumpensemble.com)
- Odell’s Medley (Alison Odell & Julian Smedley)
- Pearl Django (www.pearldjango.com)
- Ranger and the “Re-Arrangers” (www.rangerswings.com)
- Soul Sauce – Tribute to Cal Tjader (www.susanpascal.com)
- Steinwagon (Ryan Burns & Dawn Clement)
There will be dancing and comfortable seating in the Auditorium and in the Banquet Hall, and the elegant Living Room is the site of the Acoustic Lounge, featuring small groups in an intimate setting.
A full dinner, at $15.00, will be provided by EJ’s Catering (www.ejscustomcatering.com) and there will be two no-host wine bars.
”This will be our last opportunity to enjoy the Highline Classic Jazz Festival at the amazing Landmark on the Sound Event Center,” said Festival Director, Lance Haslund. “Landmark has announced that it will close as an event center in September 2014. This is indeed sad news, but we are even more determined to make this the best Festival yet.”
Tickets are $40 for adults, $35 for seniors (65), and FREE for youth 18 and under. Available at Burien Arts Gallery, 826 SW 152nd Ave, in Olde Burien. Additional ticket outlets TBA soon.