WEATHER: Watch this weekend’s storm from the comfort of your computer
As he’s done for us twice before, Burien photographer and weather enthusiast Chris Scragg is live-streaming this weekend’s wild weather – predicted to be very rainy and windy – and which you can watch below from the comfort of your computer:
Chris lives on SW 171st in the Three Tree Point neighborhood, and will be using weather models from the University of Washington, satellite and radar from NOAA, and warnings from the National Weather Service in Seattle.
He is also using a Davis Vantage Pro 2 weather station and a laptop webcam.
The National Weather Service has issued the following ‘Flood Watch,’ in effect through late Saturday night:
…FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT…
THE FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR
* A PORTION OF WESTERN WASHINGTON…INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES…KING…MASON…PIERCE…SNOHOMISH.
* FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT
* A PERIOD OF HEAVY RAINFALL TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING WILL AFFECT THE AREA CAUSING RAPID RISES ON MORE FLOOD PRONE RIVERS IN THE WATCH AREA LATE TONIGHT AND SATURDAY. SOME RIVERS THAT ARE MOST LIKELY TO SEE MINOR FLOODING INCLUDE THE SKOKOMISH RIVER IN MASON COUNTY…THE STILLAGUAMISH RIVER IN SNOHOMISH COUNTY…THE TOLT RIVER IN KING COUNTY…AND THE PUYALLUP RIVER IN PIERCE COUNTY.
A FLOOD WATCH MEANS CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR FLOODING BUT FLOODING IS NOT IMMINENT OR OCCURRING. MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AND BE READY TO ACT QUICKLY IF FLOODING IS OBSERVED OR A WARNING IS ISSUED.
Here’s the 7-day forecast:
- Friday Afternoon: Rain. High near 49. South southwest wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight: Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 47. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 13 to 18 mph increasing to 24 to 29 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday: Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 10am. High near 50. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 24 to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 40. West southwest wind 18 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday: Showers. High near 50. South southwest wind around 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night: Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday: Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
- Tuesday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Tuesday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Wednesday: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 48.
- Wednesday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Thursday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46.