Auditions for comedy ‘End Days’ at Burien Actors Theatre will be Jan. 29-30
Burien Actors Theatre will be holding auditions on Wednesday, Jan. 29 and Thursday, Jan. 30 for the 5-actor comedy “End Days,” written by Deborah Zoe Laufer.
Actors of all ethnicities are invited to audition.
Sixteen-year-old Rachel Stein is having a bad year. Her father won’t get dressed, her mother is newly born again, her Elvis impersonator neighbor has fallen for her, and Jesus has moved in with family. Plus the Apocalypse is coming Wednesday. Her only hope is Stephen Hawking will save the day.
Performances are at Burien Actors Theatre in Burien from May 9 through June 1, 2014.
Rehearsals begin in Sunday, March 30.
The stage director is Jane Ryan.
$100 stipend provided.
Auditions are at Burien Actors Theatre on Wednesday, Jan. 29 and Thursday, Jan. 30 from 7 to 10 p.m. Callbacks date(s) to be announced, likely on the weekend of Feb. 1 and 2.
Auditions will consist of prepared readings from the script. Actors will be sent sides when their audition appointment time is confirmed.
Please make audition appointment:
- [email protected]
Note: Actors do not need to be the ages listed, but must be able to convincingly play them.
- Rachel Stein – Female, age 16. Nihilistic teenage Goth. Feels alienated since 9/11, when both of her parents withdrew into their own worlds.
- Sylvia Stein – Female, age 40s. Rachel’s mother. Newly evangelical. Has a close, personal relationship to Jesus.
- Arthur Stein – Male, age 40s. Rachel’s father. Deeply depressed.
- Nelson Steinberg – Male, age 16. The Steins’ new neighbor. Passionate about science, dresses as Elvis, loves Rachel. Sings; simple guitar a plus.
- Jesus and Stephen Hawking – Male, played by the same actor.