Get pumped for the Super Bowl with a pre-game ‘Walk-n-Talk’ Sunday
Psyched for the Super Bowl this coming Sunday, Feb. 2? Get pumped with a pre-game Walk-n-Talk, then be a 12th Fan at one of B-Town’s best local establishments (listed below)!
Stroll the streets with WABI Burien – meeting at Burien Town Square Park at 2 p.m. – and finish your walk in time to join a Super Bowl crowd at one of the local eateries. TVs, big and blaring… game food and drink… and plenty of football fanaticism will be clustered in pockets around Burien (read the walking details below…).
The Walk-n-Talk is a FREE activity and draws people of many ages. Come chat with people you wouldn’t otherwise meet up with (after-walk Superbowl festivities are not hosted by WABI – you’re on your own for that fun!).
- WHEN: Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014 – 2 p.m. meet-up; walking starts at 2:15 p.m.
- WHERE: Meet on the grassy knoll at Burien Town Square
- DISTANCE: About 2.25 miles total. Mostly flat. Sidewalks roundtrip. We will circle east along SW/S 152nd St., past and around Highline High School and Moshier Field, then southbound on Des Moines Memorial Drive, back west along S/SW 156th St., and north on 4th Ave. SW.
Some Intentions for Burien’s Walk-n-Talk:
- “Encourage active living to support physical and mental health.” (Part of Burien’s “Vision”.)
- Initiate conversation between friends and neighbors, new and old.
- Create our own little “volksmarch“, in the European tradition.
Click on the map below to view a larger image, then please print it out and bring it with you if you’d like a copy as you’re walking:
After walking and talking, you can then scream your lungs out at one of these local establishments, serving up some Seahawks sizzle in the food and drink department:
Elliott Bay Brewhouse & Pub
TVs and Microbrews.
255 SW 152nd St., Burien • 206-246-4211
The Greek House Restaurant & Lounge
Special Superbowl Hours & Menu, 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
113 SW 153rd St., Burien • 206-686-4030
TVs everywhere you look. Reservations strongly recommended.
918 SW 152nd St., Burien • 206-241-MARK
Mick Kelly’s Irish Pub
Several TVs going.
435 SW 152nd St., Burien • 206-246-2473
The Tin Room
Reservations strongly recommended.
923 SW 152nd St., Burien • 206-242-8040