Public Health – Seattle & King County closes La Canasta Deli Tuesday
Public Health – Seattle & King County announced on its website that the Deli at La Canasta (13602 Ambaum Blvd SW) was closed by authorities at 1 p.m. on Monday (March 4) for six health code violations:
- Potentially hazardous foods at unsafe temperatures
- Improper cooling of potentially hazardous food
- Inadequate facilities to control temperature of potentially hazardous food, hot holding
- Poor personal hygiene – handwashing
- Handwashing facilities not working
- Operating without a valid permit
According to their website:
Public Health lists the reason the establishment was closed, whether it has been reopened, and the date it reopened. Reasons for closing a food establishment can vary and include such issues as failure to follow the permit process and unsafe food handling.
Closure information remains online for a period of 7 days after establishment is reopened.