Discover Burien announces ‘Best of Burien’ award winners; dinner is Mar. 28
[DISCLAIMER: BTB Founder/Publisher Scott Schaefer is a Board member for Discover Burien, a local non-profit business association.]
On Tuesday (March 18), Discover Burien announced its ‘Best of Burien’ award winners, which will be presented at its annual dinner on Friday, March 28 at the Burien Community Center.
“You’re invited to rub elbows with Burien’s community and business leaders, all while supporting the nonprofit service organization, Discover Burien, at its annual fundraiser and awards dinner event, the ‘Best of Burien: Building a Healthy Community One Business at a Time,'” reads an announcement.
The event will take place Friday, March 28, from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. at the Burien Community Center, located at 14700 6th Ave SW in Burien.
Tickets can be purchased in advance at the Discover Burien office located at 427 SW 152nd Street in Burien. Tickets include dinner and drinks and are $35 for Discover Burien Members or $45 for non-members. The dinner is an opportunity to sample food from a variety of Burien restaurants. You will also have an opportunity to bid on amazing silent auction items ranging from theatre tickets to gift certificates. All proceeds from the event will benefit Discover Burien and support their mission to create and sustain a thriving and vibrant community in Burien.
This is the organization’s only fundraiser and is an opportunity to recognize dedicated community members who have made a real difference in Burien.
“Thank you to everyone who participated in the survey to choose the recipients of these community awards; Discover Burien is now proud to announce this year’s awards recipients”:
- Educator of the year: Nancy Sparks, teacher at Gregory Heights Elementary School
- Best Burien Restaurant: Black Zia Cantina
- Best Burien Beverage: Margarita at Black Zia Cantina
- Exemplary Service Award: Nancy Sparks
- Charity of the Year: Transform Burien
- Public Servant of the Year: Gina Kallman, Cultural Arts Supervisor, City of Burien
- Audacious Innovator: B-Town BEAT music and art walk
- Burien Hero: Maureen Hoffmann, WABI Burien board president
- Jeff Kearney Award: Tanner Pempeit
- Business Leader of the Year: Lynda Isernio, Sterling Savings Bank
For more information please visit www.discoverburien.com or call (206) 433-2882.