Results of Community Salmon Investigation to be presented April 8
If you missed the Community Salmon Investigation 2013 results presentation on March 20 – don’t worry, you can catch it on Tuesday, April 8 at the Burien Community Center from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
“Bring your friends and family,” reads an announcement. Snacks provided! Win a prize!”
The Burien Community Center is located at 14700 6th Avenue SW.
On the agenda:
- The CSI: Highline program and the 27 volunteer citizen scientists
- Annual adult salmon returns for chum and coho salmon in two local streams
- Overview of key factors affecting salmon health in the streams
- How many coho died before spawning, and why
- New efforts to clean up stormwater pollution and how you can contribute
- How you can become a salmon surveyor this fall
- Web search key words “CSI Highline” or
environment/watersheds/ central-puget-sound/miller- walker-creeks/salmon- monitoring.aspx