Help local charities – GiveBIG & Dine Out for Hunger on Tuesday, May 6
The Seattle Foundation’s GiveBIG is a one-day, online charitable giving event to inspire people to give to non-profit organizations who make our region a stronger, more vibrant community for all, and it’s coming Tuesday, May 6.
When you donate on May 6, the Foundation will stretch your donation, using a pool of matching funds, to make your dollars supporting these local charities go further. As long as you have an internet connection (or access to the internet on your mobile phone), you can participate!
Check to see if your favorite nonprofit is listed to participate in the event. If they are, then plan to donate during GiveBIG on May 6!
Here are some local non-profits you can GiveBIG to – just click on a link for more info:
- Cambodian Cultural Alliance of Washington (CCAW)
- Community Schools Collaboration
- Environmental Science Center
- Highline Historical Society
- Highline Medical Center Foundation
- Highline Schools Foundation for Excellence
- Hospitality House
- Kennedy Catholic High School
- Pacific Northwest Railroad Archive
- Para Los Niños
- Southwest Youth & Family Services
- Tukwila Pantry
- Wesley Homes Foundation
- White Center Emergency Food Association
- White Center Food Bank
“DINE OUT FOR HUNGER” ON MAY 6
Several fabulous White Center restaurants will host “Dine Out for Hunger” events by donating a portion of their proceeds on May 6 to the White Center Food Bank. Grab a friend, a colleague, or a family member and head out on May 6 burgers at Zippy’s, pizza at Proletariat, dinner and drinks at Company, ice cream at Full Tilt, or pub fare at Mac’s Triangle Pub.
Look for White Center Food Bank staff board members at these locations, and come say hello!