REMINDER: Don’t forget to GiveBIG TODAY to help local charities!
REMINDER: The Seattle Foundation’s GiveBIG is TODAY (Tuesday, May 6) and is a one-day, online charitable giving event to inspire people to give to non-profit organizations who make our region a stronger, more vibrant community for all.
When you donate online, the Foundation will stretch your donation, using a pool of matching funds, to make your dollars supporting these local charities go further. As long as you have an internet connection (or access to the internet on your mobile phone), you can participate!
Check to see if your favorite nonprofit is listed to participate in the event. If they are, then plan to donate during GiveBIG on May 6!
Here are some local non-profits you can GiveBIG to – just click on a link for more info:
- Cambodian Cultural Alliance of Washington (CCAW)
- Community Schools Collaboration
- Environmental Science Center
- Highline Historical Society
- Highline Medical Center Foundation
- Highline Schools Foundation for Excellence; If you ‘GiveBIG’ at The Tin Room Bar in Olde Burien from 4–7 pm. Tuesday, May 8, you’ll receive a FREE taco and beer!
- Hospitality House; As you may know, a single night of shelter at Hospitality House costs $80. Organizers are asking dedicated donors to make a donation of $80 (one night of shelter).
- Kennedy Catholic High School
- Pacific Northwest Railroad Archive
- Para Los Niños
- Southwest Youth & Family Services
- Tukwila Pantry
- Wesley Homes Foundation
- White Center Emergency Food Association
- White Center Food Bank
“DINE OUT FOR HUNGER” IN WHITE CENTER TONIGHT!
Several fabulous White Center restaurants will host “Dine Out for Hunger” events by donating a portion of their proceeds on May 6 to the White Center Food Bank. Grab a friend, a colleague, or a family member and head out on May 6 burgers at Zippy’s, pizza at Proletariat, dinner and drinks at Company, ice cream at Full Tilt, or pub fare at Mac’s Triangle Pub.
Look for White Center Food Bank staff board members at these locations, and come say hello!