REMINDER: Eat well and help local charities at ‘Burien Bites’ TONIGHT!

SKM_C284e14041411420

REMINDER: The third annual ‘Burien Bites’ – a food-centric fundraiser that benefits local charities – will take place TONIGHT – Wednesday, May 7, from 4 – 9 p.m.

The cost is $5 for Adults, with Kids under 18 free.

This homegrown event, created by HomeTask, allows people the opportunity to visit multiple restaurants for a bite to benefit local charities, including:

• Highline Schools Foundation
  • New Futures
  • YETI
  • Highline Food Bank
  • HomeTask Cares Foundation

“We are always trying to find new ways to help the community and organizing Burien Bites is a fantastic way for people to have fun and be generous towards those who need our help,” said HomeTask CEO Jerrod Sessler. “It also brings our community together which is all about the people together building relationships.”

Here are the details:

WHAT: Burien Bites

WHEN: Wednesday, May 7, from 4 p.m. – 9 p.m.; *check-in starts at 4 p.m.

WHERE: Various restaurants throughout Burien!

INFO: The bite will run from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. (check-in starts at 4 p.m.), with an after and awards party at HomeTask from 8:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

REGISTER: Event registration fee is $5 per person, and guests can visit multiple local restaurants, where they can purchase a special bite for $5.

Pre-register at BurienBites.com.

Comments

16 Responses to “REMINDER: Eat well and help local charities at ‘Burien Bites’ TONIGHT!”
  1. Question Authority says:

It is unfortunate that I cannot find any list of the participating resturants on any of the website links. How are we supposed to become interested in going with such lack of enticement?

2. lijo says:

Agreed.

3. jimmy says:

There is a e-mail address at the bottom of the burien bites website for info@burienbites.com I think they might just some info there

p.s. hey editor if you have a minute can you check the I.p addresses of the thumbs down votes I have slight feeling someone has gotten so upset with my comments and someother people comments they sat down and figure a loophole to the system

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 4 Thumb down 8

• Wanker says:

Jimmy, no offense, but I suspect that the editor has more important things to do than investigate who doesn’t like you. One downside of having opinions that differ from the majority, is that the majority will let you know they disagree through the means available.

• jimmy says:

I know people disagree with me that’s fine but there things I post on or someone else post and we get a bunch of thumbs down for something like thanky someone for doing something nice it seems a little odd when get just enough thumbs down to hide are post

• Wanker says:

So Jimmy,

Imagine you’re at the bar, or at work and there’s a guy you constantly disagree with. Regardless of what they say, you’ll probably always just want them to go away.

Also, I find it odd you play the victim. I have seen you go after people simply for expressing a different point of view.

• jimmy says:

No Robert for one I don’t drink. I understand people have different views that is fine like I have said but some people on here are obviously going after the people that point out the bs that they post by using loop holes in the voting system to vote down a comment more than one time just because they other disagreements with the person or they don’t want people to realize there full of sh**

• Wanker says:

I am sure you get the point regardless if you drink or not. I saw the way you trolled spelunker despite the fact he/she was just nicely disagreeing. Kind of like how you’re trying to troll me know by using my actual name rather than my screen name.

At the end of the day, if a bunch of people are going through and hitting the thumbs down on a regular basis, it’s probably for a reason.

• jimmy says:

I find rather odd that you would bring up splunker when I reply to his comment one or two times notice how he or she acts and now I have not been replying to those comments anymore but I also notice a similarly in typing from your and there’s and have noticed the same voting stuff going on with those comments or when post under “wanker” usually questions authority post a reply to or this Elizabeth post a comment then there’s the fact your complaining about me asking the editor to keep a eye on IP addresses to just make sure everyone is playing by the rules but it is what ever and I used your first name to reply to you because I know your first name and we are both adults

• Wanker says:

Wow, someone call Mel Gibson, we got a conspiracy theorist here.

I see rational discussion does not work. I’m done with this conversation.

Jimmy, have a great day.

4. Elizabeth says:

Jimmy, Unless you only post one or two lines I can’t tell what your opinions are! What do you have against a little punctuation or capitalization if it will help you get your point across?

• jimmy says:

No Elizabeth I have what is called a learning disability ok so sorry I don’t put punctuation in the correct spots or spell 100% correct among other problems OK sorry I was born this way I have a right to post comments just like any one else so if someone wants to put a bunch thumbs down and look down at me for being disabled then they need to pull there head out of there a** and grow the hell the up THIS GO’S TO ALL YOU HATERS

• Elizabeth says:

Jimmy, I’m sorry if you struggle with a learning disability, but in all the students I’ve worked with no one has ever eliminated all punctuation and capitalization when they have the ability to express their thoughts as clearly as you do and spell as well or better than I do. I don’t think it makes us haters to encourage you to use some punctuation or to disagree with your point of view. And did I ever say that you don’t have the right to post what you wish and how you wish?

• jimmy says:

Sorry but most of the people on here that complain about my spelling or punctuation do it because it is the only thing they have to complain about when I point out there bs or there friends or political parterners bs

• tophat topcat says:

Hey Jimmy, you were rude to me in the past just for trying to be funny. You said something about how I should do stand-up comedy in a dive bar. I think your comment was based on the fact that I live in the “Top Hat” area and you don’t like my neighborhood. Meet you at the Barrel some night if you got a pair!

• jimmy says:

sorry man I live in this area to and love it so sorry I was rude I was probably trying to be funny to it just did not work also I am not dumb enough to walk to the Barrel and try to start something there it would not end up to good for me unless if i had friends in the swat team or military with me