Local businesses sought to support ‘Burien In Motion’ this summer
Local businesses are being sought to support ‘Burien In Motion’ this summer and encourage residents to walk, bike, carpool and take the bus to visit local businesses!
King County Metro is partnering with Burien businesses and community organizations to help residents try walking, bicycling, carpooling, and taking the bus more often. Since 2004, the In Motion program has helped over 17,000 people learn about travel options in 29 King County neighborhoods. Don’t miss your opportunity to join the movement!
The Burien In Motion campaign will run from July to October 2014. Local residents who join the program will have the chance to earn rewards as they log their trips and make changes in the way they travel. The goal of Burien In Motion is to swap 9,500 drive alone trips for more sustainable options—and have fun doing it!
How are local businesses involved?
Local businesses can play as large a role as they want to help Burien residents get In Motion. Business partners can donate gift certificates or rewards, provide information to customers, or display a map in your business. You choose the sponsorship level (see below) that works best for you. Rewards will be used in a web challenge, weekly trip tracking, at events and via social media.
How will my business benefit?
Business sponsors receive increased visibility to neighborhood residents through brand placement and acknowledgement in campaign materials; media coverage; social media mentions, and the reputation of a socially and environmentally conscious leader in the business community. Donated gift certificates will be used as rewards for program participants, providing a unique opportunity for new customers to find your business.
How will people know about the campaign?
We’ll be reaching out to the Burien community through a combination of direct mail, local media, and social networking in partnership with WABI Burien, The B-Town Blog and Discover Burien. Burien In Motion will send a print mailer to 6,000 Burien households, with an additional follow up postcard. We will be at the Burien Farmer’s Market, music in the park, and other public events throughout the summer and fall.
Challenge Sponsor – only one available!
- Reward with a value of $500 or more
- All “Reward” level support options
- Specific mention in all challenge email, social media and website marketing
- All “Reward” level benefits
- $250-500 in gift cards, discounted value or similar in-kind donation
- All “Participation” level support options
- Priority listing on program website with logo and web link
- Promotion acknowledgement in program communications and promotional material
- Up to $200 in gift certificates, discounted value or similar in-kind donation
- Help sharing program information (e.g. including In Motion in newsletters, social media)
- All “Program Supporter” level support options
- Listing with link on program website and interactive online map
- Promotion and acknowledgement through challenge reward drawing communications (email, social media)
- Window space for program decal
- Help distributing printed materials (e.g. post neighborhood map or poster)
- Listing on program website and interactive online map
For more information, please contact:
Community Outreach Liaison – Feet First
[email protected] or 206-652-2310 x4