REMINDER: The 3rd annual Burien UFO Festival is Wednesday night, April 1!
REMINDER: The 3rd annual Burien UFO Festival (‘BUFO’) will be this Wednesday night, April 1 (April Fool’s Day) – with lots of fun new features, including the inaugural Burien Film Festival – starting at 6 p.m. in Olde Burien!
This is a FREE block party-style event – open to all (humans, aliens, MIBs, UFOs, etc.) – and will be held in Olde Burien near 10th Ave SW and SW 152nd Street.
FLASH MOBBERS NEEDED!
And if you feel like dancing, you can participate in the BUFO Flash Mob, which is set to start around 6:50 p.m. Training videos for the specific dance are available here:
This year, expect some new surprises – including the inaugural Burien Film Festival – at this growing, fun and creative outdoor party in front of the Tin Room (923 SW 152nd Street in Olde Burien), including:
- The first-ever Burien Film Festival (with a $2,500 prize) with an outdoor screening of 10 original films
- Outdoor Street Party with Beer Garden
- Kids’ face painting, inflatables and crafts
- Bring-your-0wn UFO contest
- Share your UFO stories on stage
- Flash Mob (open to all – see link above to train for it)
- Photo Booth
- Live music
- Costume Fashion Show – Best Man/Woman In Black, Alien and Spock (see other costume ideas here)
- Spock’s Funeral
- Live music from the Super Sonic Soul Pimps
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 5 – 7 p.m.: Costume Registration
- 6:15 – 6:35 p.m.: UFO Story Telling
- 6:40 – 6:50 p.m.: Spock Funeral (Scott Schaefer Eulogy)
- 6:50 – 7:10 p.m.: Flash Mob
- 7:10 – 7:40 p.m.: Fashion Show
- 7:40 – 8:45 p.m.: Burien Film Festival Films
- 8:50 p.m.: Super Sonic Soul Pimps
- 10:15 p.m.: Award Announcements
- 10:40 p.m.: “The Maury Island Incident” film plays inside the Tin Theater
For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/BurienUFOFestival