FOLLOWUP: Burien man shot by police Wed. morning identified as Cayce DiTullio

The Burien man who was shot by police in the Seahurst neighborhood early Wednesday morning (May 4) has been identified by the King County Medical Examiner’s Office as Cayce A. DiTullio, 39.

DiTullio lived near SW 146th Street and 21st Ave SW, and was apparently shot and killed by police when he brandished an AR-15 rifle from inside his truck early Wednesday morning. Police said that DiTullio led them on a chase around town before returning to his home, where he was shot and killed after showing the weapon (read our previous coverage here).

DiTullio was a Contractor who ran a company called Pristine Environments Remodeling Specialist, and was well-known in Burien. He was a builder and had done remodeling work on many local homes since founding the company in 2004.

Here’s a testimonial from the company’s website:

“In walks Cayce DiTullio, all smiles and can-do attitude.  With his capable expertise and talent, we created a show-stopping central kitchen in a modest and boxy sixties rambler that soon sold for almost a million dollars!!!”

Everyone at South King Media sends their deepest condolences to the family, friends and all those who knew Cayce.

Comments

7 Responses to “FOLLOWUP: Burien man shot by police Wed. morning identified as Cayce DiTullio”
  1. Sandy Edmondson says:

And my thoughts and prayers to the Officer who will probably have nightmares about what he was encountering. He was only on 2 years. That’s probably a young guy.

2. Deb Miller says:

I am devastated that Cayce was killed. He was nothing like the man described in this article in a normal state. He was kind, compassionate and so very helpful. He did a lot of work for me at a condominium association that I belonged to and was a phenomenal contractor. I am so sad for his beautiful family and of course the officer involved in the shooting. My heart goes out to all of them.

• jenny says:

It is scary how easy it is for things to spirsl out of control when someone is experiencing a major anxiety attack.

This is a nightmare and a very sad event.

3. Sandy Edmondson says:

I don’t know Jenny what caused this..We might never be privileged to know either since he wont be there to explain. Probably just the criminal portion will be out there.

4. neighbor says:

I’m sorry Cayce didn’t get the help he needed a long time ago. He didn’t just snap on this night…there were many signs and incidents that made it clear he was not ok and needed help. Having a ton of guns didn’t do him any good either in the end. Sad for his family and just wish he had gotten some help so his kids don’t have to deal with this horrible situation.

5. Jordan says:

Cayce was a close friend of mine. I never thought that something like this would ever happen. I can’t believe he is gone. I loved him very much and I am beyond devastated that I will never see him again. I wish this were a nightmare I could wake up from. We will never know the whole story. Cayce did have his problems but he was a sweet, kind man who would give you the shirt off of his back. Please don’t bash his name or jump to conclusions. I own guns as well so I don’t think that should be the main topic. Prayers to his wife Roycie and his three children. I am so sorry for the loss of this wonderful man. Love you Cayce, I’ll see you again some day. I’ll miss you everyday. Jordan Scully Anchorage, Alaska

6. Neighbor says:

Jordan, my comment was not meant to bash cayce. I am sincere in saying I wish whatever happened leading up to his death could have been prevented. Don’t you agree that you wish he had gotten help for anger/emotional issues he was dealing with and/or substance abuse? I am not against guns but don’t you wish he didn’t have access to an assault rifle that night? If he was unstable or under the influence of something you would hope there weren’t guns around. Sadly, he would still be here if he didn’t grab a gun that night. You can’t tell me you don’t wish he had gotten the help he needed. Tragic for his family, that’s all I’m saying. Not trying to be disrespectful. I’m sorry for your loss.

Share Your Opinion

...and oh, if you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!