FOLLOWUP: Angelo’s raises ~$10,000 for crash victims Lorenzo & Xavier


Print This Post  Email This Post

Last week, Angelo’s of Burien held a fundraiser and raffle to help their employee Lorenzo and his 7-year old Xavier, both seriously injured in a horrific car crash on May 23.

Organizers told The B-Town Blog that they had a great turnout and that the restaurant stayed very busy all night long.

The raffle raised about $4,500 over the course of the week, and the 35 winners have been contacted and picked up their prizes.

“Special thanks to all of our patrons and all of the businesses who donated prizes for the raffle!”

“All in all, we raised around $10,000 at the restaurant on the night of the fundraiser with donations and raffle money, which is going to support Lorenzo and his children during this time,” Sarah Schmidt said.

“Lorenzo is still hospitalized at Harborview,” Sarah added. “He has not yet fully awakened or spoken yet, but we are hoping for more improvements every day. Xavier is out of the hospital and doing well. He is happy to be at home and out of the hospital.”

Sarah also said:

“Special thanks to the Hobnobber for having a BBQ fundraiser on Saturday to benefit Lorenzo and the Sidestreet for their fundraising event as well. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts, prayers, donations and support. We will update you all when we get new information.”

As we previously reported, Lorenzo and his 7-year old son Xavier were seriously injured when a possibly-impaired 15-year old girl crashed into the truck they were in – literally ripping it in half – on Monday night, May 23:

Donations are still being accepted online here:

https://www.gofundme.com/2663p9ar

Print This Post  Email This Post

Share Your Opinion

By participating in our online comment system, you are agreeing to abide by the terms of our comment policy.

...and oh, if you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!