‘Oh say, can you sing?’ Highline Bears seeking National Anthem singers
The Highline Bears announced this week that they will be holding tryouts for talented artists and performers on Sunday, April 30, to get the opportunity to sing the National Anthem at a 2017 Highline Bears baseball game.
The Highline Bears invite interested individuals and groups to an open call audition at Minniti Park on April 30, from Noon – 3 p.m. to perform the National Anthem at a 2017 home game.
The Bears open the 2017 season on Friday night, June 2 at Mel Olsen Stadium at Steve Cox Memorial Park in White Center.
- The Bears require the National Anthem to be performed in the traditional manner with no styling or individual musical interpretation.
- Please keep in mind that the National Anthem is about honoring America and the men and women that serve or have served our country, and not about the individual or group performing the piece.
- The anthem should be performed in a straight forward manner with the utmost respect and honor for what the song stands for.
- If selected, the same version must be performed at the game as it was auditioned.
- Those selected will be contacted to preform at a date to be determined for the 2017 Highline Bears Season.
- Those not selected for further consideration will be contacted via email.
Minniti Park is located at 1248 S Pearl Street in Tacoma (map below).