This year’s Olde Burien Block Party, set for Saturday, July 15, is being headlined by local band The Approximations – an 8-piece classic rock dance party band led by local boy Dan Satterberg – playing songs from AC/DC to ZZ Top, and all points in between.
Their setlist includes Stevie Ray Vaughn, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Grand Funk, and much more.
Enjoy music, food, and fun and celebrate the Burien community and its continued commitment to supporting local businesses. Celebrate another year of success in the Olde Burien part of town, on SW 152nd Street between Ambaum and 10th Ave SW.
The street will be closed for an entire day of live music, kids events and beer gardens.
Opening up is another local band – Uncle Ernie – led by Tim Clark, a 1978 Highline High School grad.
Here is the complete lineup:
- Noon: Tom Humphreys – acoustic guitar
- 1:30pm: Service Animal – local original pop
- 3:30pm: Gear Driver – rock and roll covers
- 5:30pm: Uncle Ernie – classic rock
- 8pm – close: The Approximations
The Approximations lineup (5 of the 8 are Highline High School grads!):
- Lead guitar and vocals: John Rankin
- Bass and vocals: Dan Satterberg
- Guitar: Tom Pratt
- Drums and vocals Bob Eaton
- Keyboard and vocals: Michael Hepburn
- Vocals : Linda Norman
- Vocals: Michelle Purnell Hepburn
- Percussion : Fred Staples