Rollover crash on SR 509 exit to S. 188th Street kills driver Tuesday afternoon

On Tuesday afternoon just after 3 p.m., a semi-truck lost control on the S. 188th Street exit of SR 509 (map below), rolled into a ditch and killed the driver.

The Washington State Patrol said that the truck – a 2012 Mitsubishi Fuso – was traveling southbound on SR 509, exiting to S. 188th Street, when the driver lost control and rolled over into a ditch on the left side.

Sadly, the driver was ejected and killed.

Troopers say that drugs and/or alcohol may have involved.

The roadway was closed for investigation for quite some time, causing a huge backup on 509 as well as side streets.

Comments

7 Responses to “Rollover crash on SR 509 exit to S. 188th Street kills driver Tuesday afternoon”
  1. Great says:

Well, A Fuso is a long way from a semi.

2. No problems at Kennedy says:

Spreed getting off that ramp results in lots of roll overs..See them all the time. Lots of overshooters at night..Slow down!!

3. kathi george wheeler says:

My heart goes out to family and friends of the driver who was killed today. That is a bad ramp. Everyone please be safe on that ramp. I rolled there last year.

4. Mary says:

Love u my neff R I P he was just starting his life bb on the way a soon to be wife ..he was a good man ..he didnt deserve to pass ❤✋

5. B Hicks says:

There was a small memorial in place today as I drove by. Does anyone know if there has been any update or name released so that we can support the family? Any fund me pages that the community might want to have passed on?

6. Vero Coronado (Fiance) says:

Damn Baby. Still can’t believe you were the one to GO in this horrific tragedy. It really is just sad & heart breaking. We had so many goals & dreams set aside for us, for you, for baby Lilliana. You didnt even get to meet her. Or her you. & it crushes me inside everyday. I had just spoke with you, 20 minutes before you crashed & said Goodbye. I wish I couldve stayed on the phone the whole time, & made sure you were OK. SAFE! But unfortunately time controls everything. & I cant <|3. But GOD CAN. I love you SOOO MUCH: my HANDSOME, BEAUTIFUL, OUT OF THIS WORLD FIANCE & HS SWEET HEART. You are OUR everything. Rest In Paradise honey. Well see you up there soon enough :") :"(

Share Your Opinion

...and oh, if you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!