The Highline Schools Foundation is still in dire need of food donations for local students.
Here’s more info from the good folks at Pollock Insurance:
Anne with the Highline Schools Foundation just stopped by our office to pick up our monetary donations from our food drive but we are still in need of more food donations for our local students. She shared these numbers with me:
- 150-160 – backpacks of food sent home each week at the elementary/middle school level.
- 100-125 – students served each week at the Highline High School Food Pantry.
- 770 – homeless students in the Highline School District.
As you can see, the need is great. Our office is still collecting food donations for the Highline Schools Foundation through January 15th, 2018. You can drop your donation off M-F from 8am-5pm at our office just east of Highline High School on 152nd. Pollock Insurance – 654 South 152nd Street – Burien, WA.
Suggested food items:
A typical weekend backpack includes:
- Box of Mac -n-Cheese
- Cup of Noodles
- Top Ramen
- Canned Chili, Ravioli, or Spaghetti
- Powerbars (3)
- Small shelf-stable milk
- A couple snack items
- Fruit cup
- Apple sauce cup
- Instant Oatmeal packet
- Mini box of cereal
- Fresh fruit
- Peanut butter (1x per month)
On Site High School Food Pantries Include:
- Milk: 1-2 quarts of shelf stable milk
- Butter: tub of margarine (Butter and milk are for staff to make Mac-n-cheese for students needing dinner during the week)
- 4 loaves of Bread
- Jar of jelly (for sandwiches made at school)
- Juice boxes
- Crackers and cheese
- Crackers and Peanut Butter
- Instant Oatmeal
- Protein bars
- Breakfast bars
- Energy bars
- Cup of Soup
- Cup of Apple Sauce
- Cup of Fruit
- Individual pop-top tuna or chicken (no can opener needed)
Other healthy snack items are welcome, as well as foods that can be prepared in their own containers. (Mac and cheese in a cup, oatmeal already in a cup, soup in a cup, etc).
You can drop donations off at Pollock Insurance during regular business hours (Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.), located at 654 South 152nd Street:Facebook Twitter Subscribe