LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Local puppy possibly poisoned by pot


Print This Post  Email This Post

[EDITOR’S NOTE: The following is a Letter to the Editor, written by a Reader. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion of The B-Town Blog nor its staff:]

Sunday afternoon, my 10-month old puppy became ill from eating something on the beach at Three Tree Point. We were playing on the north side near the street end.

I’d like to warn other pet owners and perhaps parents of young children. The emergency vet diagnosed it as possible marijuana poisoning. She only weighs twelve pounds and presented for acute toxicity. It took sixteen hours for her to be able to walk and hold her head up without tremors. Pretty scary for us (not to mention expensive) and terrifying for my puppy. I hope that people will be more responsible.

I love that people enjoy our beach and I don’t even mind picking up the occasional beer can or two but this is dangerous. Watch your pets everyone and please clean up when you enjoy public places.

Many thanks to our neighbors and veterinarians Su-Chin Dean and Robert Griffin from Luna Park Pet Care Center as well as Pete Hetrick from Blue Pearl Emergency Pet Care in Renton. They were fast and efficient, taking good care of Moki and reassuring me.

UPDATE: Moki appears to have fully recovered.

Thank you,
Barbara Howe

[Have an opinion or concern you’d like to share with our ~100,000+ engaged monthly Readers? Please send us your Letter to the Editor via email. Include your full name, please cite your sources, remain civil and – pending our careful review – we’ll consider publishing it.]

Print This Post  Email This Post

Comments are closed.