From our friends at WABI Burien :
The March Walk-n-Talk will wander around the southern hilltop area of Gregory Heights this Sunday, Mar. 3, to the overlook, where we can see the view of Puget Sound and Mt. Rainier. Sunshine is forecast!
WHEN: Sunday, March 3, 2019 (Rain or shine); meet-up at 2 p.m. Walking starts at 2:15 p.m.
WHERE: MEET AT THE EAST ENTRANCE TO GREGORY HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, 16201 16th Ave SW, Burien, WA 98166
WHO: Open to all walkers. Be aware that the route slopes downward and then back up again, so it’s got some hillier areas than many of our Walk-n-Talks. Walkers are welcome to do all or part of the walk, and all may walk at their own pace.
- We will head south from Gregory Heights Elementary School on 16th Ave. SW
- Take a right onto SW 170th St., around some kinks in the road until we get to 28th Ave. SW.
- We hope to take in the beautiful views from high on the hill, then turn right onto 28th Ave. SW
- Head north as the road turns into Marine View Drive SW.
- Turn right at SW 164th St. and go down the hill 1 block.
- Turn left onto 19th Ave. SW and circle up around the block.
- Turn right onto SW 160th, then right onto 16th Ave. SW,
back at Gregory Heights Elementary School’s east entrance.
Distance: About 2.5 miles round trip.
This is a FREE event and is enjoyable for all, including four-legged friends. Every month since August 2011, neighbors and Burien city visitors have gathered, walked and talked for fun, conversation and exercise. Come join the group! Chat with someone you wouldn’t otherwise have a chance to meet with. If you have a pedometer or other sort of step-counter, bring it along. Let’s see how many steps we can tally.
Check out our tip sheet: “Start Walking for Health and Well-Being” .
(Please click on the map for a larger view, then print it out and bring it with you to the walk.)
Intentions for Burien’s Walk-n-Talk:
- “Encourage active living to support physical and mental health.” (Part of Burien’s “Vision”. )
- Initiate conversation between friends and neighbors, new and old.