Please note that all website design, text, graphics, Ads, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software are Copyright 2007-2013 by South King Media. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this website, including reproduction, modification, distribution or republication, without the prior written consent of South King Media, is strictly prohibited.
NOTE: We strongly enforce our copyrights, and any entity found using our original work without permission will not only receive a Takedown Notice, but will be subjected to an Opinion Piece posted on our website calling you out on it. Be forewarned.
We also will strongly enforce all legal rights when other so-called “local blogs” use illegal and unethical cyber-squatting and re-directing techniques that abuse our hard-earned local branding.
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. All materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on South King Media’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on South King Media’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by South King Media at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on South King Media’s website are provided “as is”. South King Media makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, South King Media does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall South King Media or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on South King Media’s Internet site, even if South King Media or a South King Media authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on South King Media’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. South King Media does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. South King Media may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. South King Media does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
South King Media has not reviewed all of the external sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by South King Media of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
7. Comments and Commenters
While we allow the use of Pseudonyms and Anonymous Comments, South King Media reserves the right to delete Comments placed by Readers that it considers offensive, uncivil or libelous. We reserve the right to ban Commenters we deem inappropriate or overly negative. We reserve the right to approve or delete Comments at our own discretion. We encourage all our Readers to keep all conversations and Comments civil at all times. We reserve the right, without warning or notification, to remove comments and suspend users judged to violate these terms. We monitor these conversations, and Users can also alert us to offensive content by emailing email@example.com.
NOTE: Please try to understand that the folks behind this website Comment only using their actual, real names. We should not be “blamed” for negative Comments left by Readers, since we are merely providing a forum for free speech. We understand that some Readers think we’re against certain issues because of negative Comments left by others, when the reality is, we’re not.
8. Our Right to Use Your Content
We may use Your Content, including Comments, in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it (including in different mediums), promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms (“Other Media”). As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable rights to use Your Content for any purpose. You also irrevocably grant the users of the Site and any Other Media the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of the Site and any Other Media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against South King Media and its users any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content. By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, perform, translate, and create derivative works of Your Content.
10. Governing Law
Any claim relating to South King Media’s website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Website.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We collect only the domain name, but not the e-mail address of visitors to our Web page, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites and other sites on the Internet.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Our office address is:
15106 10th Ave SW, Suite C
Burien, WA 98166
We can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (206) 248-2565.