The Burien City Council will be holding its annual Council Retreat “for the purpose of discussing Council goals and priorities” this Saturday, Jan. 28, 2012, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Environmental Science Center at Seahurst Park (13476 24th Place SW, Burien).
The meeting is open to public observation.
However, despite the fact that it’ll be held in the heart of Seahurst Park, we’re doubtful there will be any Moonlight Beach Walk at this event.
Here’s the agenda:
Burien City Council Annual Retreat
January 28, 2012
8:30 Welcome/Introductions (15 minutes)
• Review objectives for the day
• Ground rules
8:45 SWOT Update (20 minutes) [In small mixed groups]
Full group debrief (15 minutes)
9:20 Kids and Cops- Mike
Presentation and discussion
9:50 Leadership Team and Council Small Groups (90 minutes with 10 minute break)
[The topics identified in #6 and invite additional ideas]
• Introduction, instructions and top issues for discussion (10 minutes)
• Recommendations and next steps
• Two rounds (35 minutes each)
12:00 Full group debrief and summary (15 minutes)
• Identify Action Items
12:45 Review of 2012 Workplan (30 minutes)
• What questions do you have?
• What else needs airtime with Staff?
1:15 City Department Managers depart after they have completed retreat evaluation
1:30 Councilmember Session
• Work Session (90 minutes)
• Review of remainder of Councilmember Interview Summary
• How we do work together as a Council: Working agreements
• Moving the work forward
• What else?
• Council Committee Appointments
3:45 Wrap-up and evaluation