Discover Burien announced its “Best of Burien” award winners, which will be presented at its annual Dinner and Auction fundraiser on Friday, March 10 at the Burien Community Center, located at 14700 6th Ave SW.
The fundraiser dinner will start at 6 p.m.
“Thank you to everyone who participated in the survey to choose the recipients of these community awards,” Organizers said. “Discover Burien is proud to congratulate and announce this year’s award recipients.”
Here are the winners:
- Educator of the year: Gloria Witters-Burien Cooperative Pre-school
- Best Burien Restaurant: Elliot Bay Brewhouse and Pub
- Best Burien Beverage: The Point, “Get to the point” Cocktail
- Exemplary Service Award: Dr. Aaron Collins, Collins Chiropractic
- Charity of the Year: Burien Actors Theatre
- Public Servant of the Year: Chris Craig, City of Burien
- Audacious Innovator: Eliav Cohen, Seattle Ballooning
- Burien Hero: Dr. Aaron Collins
- Jeff Kearney Award: Jorden Amantea
- Business Leader of the Year: Daniel Keane, Serenza Salon
You’re invited to join Burien’s community and business leaders to support the nonprofit service organization, Discover Burien, at its annual fundraiser and awards dinner event the “Best of Burien: Building a vibrant community through engagement.”
Tickets can be purchased in advance at the Discover Burien office located at 427 SW 152nd Street in Burien. Tickets include dinner and drinks at $40 for Discover Burien Members, or $50 for non-members. The dinner is an opportunity to sample food from a variety of Burien restaurants.
You will also have a chance to bid on amazing silent auction items ranging from theater tickets to gift certificates.
All proceeds from the event will benefit Discover Burien and support its mission and programs to create and sustain a thriving and vibrant community in Burien.
This is the organizations largest annual fundraiser and is an opportunity to recognize dedicated community members who have made a real difference in Burien.
For more information please visit www.discoverburien.org, or call (206) 433-2882.
ABOUT DISCOVER BURIEN
The Discover Burien Association is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation working on economic development, business recruitment & retention, education, promotion and marketing of the Burien community. We are a membership based organization, but do not limit our services to only members, we include the entire Burien business community. We work with Burien businesses to find solutions to their problems to help educate or direct to resources that are available. We also work as a liaison between businesses and city hall to help streamline issues.