The Seattle Seahawks invite fans to demonstrate their spirit this week and on “Blue Friday” – this Friday, Jan. 4 – fans are invited to line South 188th Street in SeaTac near Valley Ridge Park and Military Road South (map below) around 2:30 p.m. to cheer the team’s buses on as they head to the airport.
The Seahawks will play the Washington Redskins this Sunday, Jan. 6 at FedExField. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. PT.
Many Seattle landmarks will “go blue” throughout the week, including the CenturyLink Field arches, Seattle Great Wheel and the Pacific Science Center arches.
Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn has declared Jan. 4 as “Blue Friday.”
Seahawks playoffs and “Blue Friday” activities include the following.
Fans are invited to show their passion and support for the team by wearing Seahawks attire or blue clothing to work and school in honor of Seahawks Blue Friday.
Other activities include:
Wednesday, January 2:
5:30 – 7 p.m.: Washington’s Lottery to give Seahawks fans a chance to win playoff packages at Southcenter Mall.
Fans are invited to join the Sea Gals, Blitz and former Seahawks FB Mack Strong at Washington’s Lottery Scratch Bar at Westfield Southcenter, located on the first floor of the food court. Fans who purchase two $5 Seattle Seahawks Scratch tickets between 5:30-7 p.m. will receive an entry for a chance to win a Seahawks Playoff Package and other items. There are two Seahawks Playoff Packages available to win and include the following:
- Airfare to upcoming Seahawks playoff game
- 2-Night hotel stay (double occupancy)
- 2 Tickets to upcoming Seahawks playoff game
Friday, January 4:
Top Pot Doughnuts and Coffee will offer their “Seahawks theme doughnut” for $.99 at all store locations Friday-Sunday. For more information visit www.toppotdoughnuts.com.
- 8 a.m.: Sea Gals and Blitz will make a special appearance at the Renton Landing Top Pot located at 815 N 10th Street #F in Renton
- 2:00-3:00 p.m.: A 25′ x 30′ Seahawks “12″ flag will fly along I-405 between Bellevue and SeaTac
- 2:30 p.m.: To help send the team off to Washington DC, Seahawks fans are invited to line South 188th Street in SeaTac near Valley Ridge Park
Fans are encouraged to join the Twitter conversation with their comments and photos at the official playoff hashtag #SeahawksBlue or #SEAvsWAS.
View Larger Map