Olde Burien’s annual Block Party is set for Noon – Midnight on Saturday, July 21, and the area should be packed with live music, outside dining and drinking, a sausage-eating contest, $500 shopping spree and more.
“The event is the Olde Burien Retail Group’s way of thanking customers and community for their support,” according to an announcement..
To be entered into the drawing for a $500 Olde Burien shopping spree, just make purchases at participating businesses that day. What better time to explore the latest offerings of Olde Burien shops and take advantage of spectacular store specials.
Take in a variety of live entertainment while enjoying expanded outdoor dining and drinking provided by Olde Burien eateries (NOTE: several of these bands are played regularly on the area’s only all-local music station, SoKing Internet Radio):
- 12-12:50 p.m.: Darrell Data (rock to jazz)
- 1-1:50 p.m.: Ian Ayers
- 2-2:30 p.m.: Fashion Show (see the latest looks)
- 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Tupelo (California country rock)
- 4-4:30 p.m.: Sausage-Eating Contest
- 4:30-5:30 p.m.: Pink Torpedoes (classic rock and dance music)
- 6-7 p.m.: Pat Riefflen (guitar blend of many genres)
- 7:30-9 p.m.: West Side Sally (rock and blues)
- 9:30-11 p.m.: Burien City Ballbangers (hard rock)
The restaurants and bars of Olde Burien are sponsoring the block party.
Find the party in Olde Burien on SW 152nd Street between Ambaum Blvd. SW and 10th Ave SW, which will close to vehicular traffic at 9 a.m.
For more information, call (206) 941-7199 or go online to www.shopoldeburien.com.