BTB Advertiser and Friends of the Blog The Tin Theater’s FREE monthly Wine Tasting Event will be this Thursday, Jan. 19, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Wine Tastings are a regular feature at the Tin Theater, and are held the third Thursday of every month.
The Tin Theater is located at 923 SW 152nd Street, just west of the Tin Room Bar.
Here’s what will be uncorked:
GRUET BRUT NV
Made in New Mexico the wine is crisp and full-bodied, which has developed rich complexity and a fine mousse. The allure of toasty finish from 24 months on triage is a compliment the sophisticated green apple and citrus like fruit flavors. A truly fine value, and yes, it is from New Mexico. $14
CHARLES SMITH VINO PINOT GRIGIO 2010
100% Pinot Grigio from the Evergreen vineyard. The wine is fermented and aged in 100% stainless steel. This wine shimmers, glistening pale straw nectar. Terroir driven. Think mineral and stone. Bosc pear , Washington apple, orange zest and honeysuckle.
An excellent northwest take on an Italian classic. $10
CHARLES AND CHARLES 2010 RED BLEND
This wine is a collaboration between Charles Smith of K Vintners and Charles Bieler of Three Thieves. A blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon and 50% Syrah, the wine is dark, almost black,with a brooding nose of blackberry, cranberry, tobacco and sweet oak.
The fruit carries through the palate where you find great texture, soft tannins and a long finish.
The Cabernet was raised in French oak while the Syrah was fermented and aged in stainless steel. $9
CHARLES SMITH 2009 CHATEAU SMITH CABERNET SAUVIGNON
Made from 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 14% Petit Verdot and 6% Syrah. Fermented in stainless steel and aged in French oak before bottling. Savory and supple. Flavors of cassis, dark berries and pipe tobacco coat the palate for a long and satisfying finish. $16
ALLEGRINI PALAZZO DELLA TORRE 2008
From the Veneto region of Italy this wine is a blend of 70% Corvina, 25% Rondinella and 5% Sangiovese. A smooth, full-bodied cru made in an innovative ripasso style.
After harvest the grapes from the Palazzo Della Torre vineyard follow 2 different paths:
70% of the grapes are vinified immediately and the remaining 30% are left to dry until the end of December. Then the fresh wine made at harvest is blended with the fermenting juice
from the dried grapes initiating a second fermentation and rendering a more highly concentrated and complex wine.The winery affectionately refers to the wine as “baby Amarone.”
Deep ruby in color, brimming with notes of dark, dried cherries, blackberries and hints of
Dates and mocha. $19
SEE YOU THIS THURSDAY!