The B-Town Blog, in association with Surgz Promotions, will be sponsoring “Up from the Ashes,” a fundraiser for victims of the Jan. 28 Tra-Lee Apartment fire, on Saturday night, Feb. 16 at Bison Creek Pizza in Burien.
The event begins at 8 p.m., and will include live music – including special guests “The Ambaum Brothers Band” featuring B-Town boys John Rankin, Dan Satterberg, Bob Eaton, Bill Mattocks, Tom Pratt, Fred Staples and special guests – other bands, a silent auction, raffle and much more. BTB Founder/Publisher Scott Schaefer will serve as Emcee, along with special guests all night long!
This evening will benefit the most affected victims of the 3-alarm fire that severely burned out residents of the Tra-Lee Apartments last Monday, which was started by a faulty baseboard heater that was apparently stuck on high (read our previous coverage here). Eighty-eight residents were displaced by the fire, with 37 spending Monday night at a Red Cross shelter set up at Lake Burien Presbyterian Church.
Thankfully NO one was injured, but many have lost everything!
“As a community we are gathering together to help these victims in their time of need, and though we can never replace personal or meaningful items they might have had, hopefully we can make new memories for them,” said Becci Surgz Harrison, one of the Organizers.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
In addition to just showing up to the fundraiser event (and spending money) on Saturday night, Feb. 16, here are other ways to help these people in their time of need:
DONATE ITEMS FOR THE AUCTION:
- We are seeking donations of gift cards, collectibles and other cool stuff that can be used in the silent auction; if an item is big enough (think sports memorabilia, vacation rental, etc.) we’ll consider a live auction as well; please email [email protected] with any donations!
DONATE CASH TO THE FIRE VICTIMS FUND:
- We have set up an account for victims at BECU – just drop into any branch and ask to donate to the “Up from the Ashes” fund.
DONATE CLOTHING, TOYS OR OTHER ITEMS:
- To donate tangible items to families, like clothing, diapers, toys, etc. please drop into Frenzi at 218 SW 153rd in Burien (phone: 206-243-9000).
VOLUNTEER TO MAKE THIS A GREAT, SUCCESSFUL EVENT:
- We can always use more help procuring items, organizing the auction and raffle, helping at the event and more! Email [email protected] if you can lend a hand!
WHAT YOU (OR YOUR BUSINESS) GETS FROM HELPING:
- Obviously, you’ll earn some major Karma points by helping some of your neighbors in need.
- If your business donates an item, it’ll be mentioned and seen at the event; if your donation is significant enough, you’ll get a shout out and link to your business on The B-Town Blog as well as on our Facebook Event Page. This kind of generosity acknowledgement is often better than Advertising, as it shows you care for the community you do business in as well as its residents. Plus, you’ll get premium exposure to our ~65,000 monthly Readers!
In addition to the Feb. 16 event, there will also be a Tastefully Simple Party: MYSTERY HOST ONLINE PARTY on Thursday, Feb. 28, with 50% of profits being donated to fire victims! More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/547639105275741/
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us:
Fundraiser Coordinator/Social Media
The B-Town (Burien) Blog
Bison Creek Pizza
Thanks, and we look forward to seeing everyone there!