Calendar of Events
Burien Bites is a new food-centric fundraiser set for Sunday, May 27, where people get to visit local restaurants, sample food, then vote on the best “bites” in Burien – and Organizers say that this week is the last chance for restaurants to sign up!
“We’ve got room for a few more participants,” said Jerrod Sessler, HomeTask CEO. “But this is the last chance for restaurants to register!”
Sessler says the final deadline to register is this Friday, May 4. If you’re interested in registering, simply download a PDF Registration Form here.
Here are the details for restaurant owners:
- Progressive style taste (guests come to you)
- Guests rate restaurants
- Best restaurant hosts Burien Bites Trophy for 1 year
- Best restaurant wins $250 organic produce from Freggies
- Each restaurant gets invitation to attend “5-Tips to Local Food in 2012” special training by invitation only hosted by HomeTask on May 29th 9am – 11am
There are two options:
- You agree to offer Burien Bites guests a special plate for $5 or $10
- You donate 2 gift certificates each for one free meal (for Burien Bites prizes)
- You donate $25 to HomeTask, Burien Bites Project
- Get to host a “Burien Bites Punch Station” during the Bite
- Preferred promotional listings in print and on-line
- Included in restaurant “name-draw” at registration for “first stop”
- You agree to offer Burien Bites guests a special plate for $10
- You donate 4 gift certificates each for one free meal (for Burien Bites prizes)
- You donate $50 to HomeTask, Burien Bites Project
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
Participants will be allowed to check in at 3 p.m. at HomeTask on May 27th – 611 SW 152nd Street.
FOR BURIEN BITERS:
Tickets are $10 for Adults, with Kids free. All proceeds will benefit local charities.
Here are some of the preliminary details:
- Registration will begin at 3 p.m. on May 27 at the HomeTask office at 611 SW 152nd Street in downtown Burien.
- Once guests are checked in, they can get photos taken in the Burien Bites Social Photo Booth.
- Then, draw for your first restaurant stop.
- While at your first stop, enjoy choosing from a special selection of $5 or $10 bites before tromping over to your 2nd, 3rd, 4th…. well, you get the idea.
- Keep an eye out for the special flashing punch stations on your way!
- And don’t forget to rate the purveyors online at each stop!
- Return to Burien Bite central (HomeTask office) to watch the results tally live a big screen and enjoy a glass of wine with friends.
- A big Burien Bites trophy will be presented to the Winner who gets to proudly display it at their premises until the next event!
For more information, visit www.burienbites.com.
Tryouts for Highline FC Soccer Club’s 2012 season start this weekend and will continue until May 20th.
The schedule for upcoming tryouts are:
- Boys & Girls U10-U12: May 4th – May 6th
- Boys & Girls U13-U15: May 11th – May 13th
- Girls U16-U18: May 18th – May 20th
Registration is required – REGISTER HERE.
Applicants are asked to pre-register, so they can be updated on all information pertaining to the Highline Premier tryouts.
“All players need to bring a properly inflated soccer ball with them to tryouts,” reads an announcement.
For more information, visit the Highline FC website.
About Highline FC:
Motivated and skilled youth soccer players from the communities of Highline, West Seattle, Burien, SeaTac, Des Moines and Normandy Park are encouraged to participate in the 2012 tryouts for our community through Highline Premier FC, the advanced development club for select (NEW for 2012!) and premier soccer programs.
Seniors and their Families Can Celebrate Cinco de Mayo for Free at Fernwood at the Park this weekend with three events going on:
- Friday at 3 p.m. they are hosting a Taste of Mexico party with Nachos and Virgin Margaritas (non alcoholic).
- Saturday at Noon they are starting their Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Celebration with a Mexican dinner at 12:30 p.m. and a Pinata party after dinner.
- Sunday at 3 p.m. they are hosting a Virgin Pina Colada party and showing the Abbott and Costello movie “Mexican Hayride.”
“It’s going to be a great weekend to be at Fernwood!”
Fernwood at the Park is located at 17623 First Avenue South in Normandy Park.
For more information, check out their website here.