REMINDER: ‘Night of 1000 Pumpkins’ is returning and will be held next Saturday, Nov. 1 at the Burien Community Center from 6-10 p.m.
Entrance to the event is FREE.
Wrist bands for unlimited carnival games available for $6/child-purchase at the door.
“Bring your carved pumpkin and an LED candle to Dottie Harper Park site or carve one at the event to fill the park with illuminated jack o’ lanterns!”
Here’s the schedule:
Burien Community Center: 6-9pm:
- Two rooms of unlimited carnival games with $6 wristband
- Flower making and tot play room
- Critter room provided by Place for Pets
- Clay Martin Halloween Puppet Show from 6:45-8PM
Burien Community Center Parking Lot, 6-10pm
- Carve pumpkins on-site
- Mariachi Fiesta Mexicana from 7:00-9:30PM
- Wandering saw performer Reggie Miles from 6:30-9PM
- Face painting by Burien Arts Association
- Day of the Dead altars created by Nancy Salguero McKay , Sister BhaktiShakti, & area school & community groups with artist Amaranta Sandys
- Pumpkin Plinko and Sling Bang Bowling (Equinox Studios )
- Fire performers at 7:15 and 9:00pm
- Art Installations by Mary Saucier and Mike Dodds
- Food vendors Tokyo Dog, Burien Press, Kettle Corn, and Maria’s Tamales
- KCLS Library2Go Van
- Jungle Maze at Burien Evangelical Church
Dottie Harper Park, 6-10pm:
- Bring your jack-o-lantern to create “1,000 pumpkins!”
- Sâ€˜mores around the campfire
- Eric Ode storytelling and songs around the campfire from 6:30-8PM
- Art Installation by Zoey Platt and Oleana PerryBrought to you by:
Burien Parks, Recreation &Cultural Services; B/IAS; Discover Burien. A big thanks to our sponsors: 4 Culture and Ignition Northwest.
Burien Community Center is located at 14700 6th Ave SW.
For more information: www.burienwa.gov/NOTP, www.nightof1000pumpkins.com, 206-988-3700.]]>