SAVE THE DATE: Discover Burienâ€™s annual â€˜Best of Burienâ€™ Dinner and Auction fundraiser will be held starting at 6 p.m. on Friday, March 20 at the Burien Community Center, located at 14700 6th Ave SW. The event will include a hosted bar, food from local restaurants, a silent auction and presentation of the â€˜Best of Burienâ€™ Awards â€“ of which nominations are now open; to place your vote please follow this link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WVWYVPD (voting closes March 5)Categories open for voting include:
- Educator of the Year: An educator that serves in Burien in any form of professional education. Please also include name of school or organization.
- Best Burien Restaurant: The best overall restaurant in Burien in terms of atmosphere, service, food and drinks.
- Best Burien Beverage: The best drink in Burien in terms of taste and presentation.
- Exemplary Service Award: A person or organization demonstrating exemplary service; going ‘above and beyond’ the call of duty. Please include a brief story.
- Charity of the Year: In recognition of any charitable organization that has contributed to making Burien great by supporting the social or business needs of the community.
- Public Servant of the Year: A notable public servant in the community, employed by the city or county in safety, security, health, or city administration.
- Audacious Innovator of the Year: An organization or business that demonstrated progressive ideas and actions to better their business and, in turn, better the community.
- Burien Hero Award: A true leader in the community, the Burien Hero exudes passion and is action-oriented; achieving significant results and going above and beyond the call of duty in their effort to make Burien great.
- Jeff Kearney Award: Dedicated to Burien’s beloved Jeff Kearney, one of our special needs workers, this award acknowledges a worker with special needs in the community. Please include a brief background of the individual nominated.
- Business Leader of the Year: Discover Burien’s highest honor, this award recognizes a successful Burien business leader who is passionately engaged and actively contributes to making Burien great.