Three generations enjoy tea in the Garden Room. Photo (c) Christopher Nelson[/caption] Motherâ€™s Day weekend hours are 10:00 â€“ 5:00 both Saturday May 9th and Sunday May 10th. Entrance is $5.00, free for children under 12. The garden is located on the upper edge of Redondo in the Cold Creek watershed. Visitors are requested to take the shuttle from Sacajawea Park, just east of the garden, at 1401 S. Dash Point Road. On-site parking is limited to handicapped vehicle parking only. Though the garden has just added a new parking area for normal operating hours, neighbors appreciate visitors not parking on local streets for special garden events. [caption id="attachment_54735" align="alignright" width="220"] Garden author and blogger Angie Narus[/caption] PowellsWood has released the full weekend event schedule as follows. Saturday only:
- Angie Narus author of Walking Washingtonâ€™s Gardens will be signing copies of her book in the Spring Garden from 10:30 am.-1:30 pm.
- Elizabeth Kroker, reigning Pierce County Beekeeping Association Honey Queen, will speak on bee keeping in the Woodland Garden at 11:00 am. PCBA members will also be on hand with educational materials.
- Bluegrass musicians WB Reid and Bonnie Zahnow return to delight audiences with their lively tunes on the House Garden Patio from 1:00 â€“ 3:00 pm.
- Gardener extraordinaire Marianne Binetti will share â€œWhat Mama Never Told You â€“ Tips, Tricks and Dirt Cheap Ideas for your Gardenâ€ in the Woodland Garden at 1:30 pm.
- Harpist Deborah McClellan will play from 1:00 to 3:00 pm in the Garden Room.
- Tea hosted by Diane Powell in the Garden Room from 11:00 am. â€“ 4:00 pm. Menu and pricing available at the PowellsWoodÂ website: http://powellswood.org/category/events/
- Local artist Chris Stiles displays his unique prints and cards, which are available for purchase in the Upper House Garden.
- Garden tours beginning every hour on the half hour in the Entry Garden. Tours include bits of garden history, maintenance tips, and plant identification.