Over the weekend, several Artists created brand new mural masterpieces inÂ the “Art Alleyâ€ located behind SW 152nd Street in downtown Burien. The event â€“ the first ever â€“ was called â€œNorthwest Mural Masters,â€ and is the brainchild of Sam Sneke, local artist and The Art Alley founder. John White and Shelli Park created this video: [youtube]https://youtu.be/W9DoZTrUp-A[/youtube] And resident Elston Hill and his wife Jackline took these photos (click images to see larger versions/slideshow): This 3-day mural festival featured the following Northwest Artists:
- JOE NIX https://joeynix.wordpress.com/
- HONOR ROLL http://honoredfour.com/ Honor Roll is a collection of artists from the Seattle area who have been creating murals and working in community arts enrichment for over ten years.
- THEY DRIFT http://carlosgaguilar.com/tag/graffiti/ The collaborative work of Carlos Aguilar & Ksra
- GAME NOT FAME http://gamenotfame.com/ â€œThe passion of Game Not Fame is artistic expression through imagery. Our experience transforming space translates well to any medium.â€
- KEL1ST http://kel1st.com/
- KLASS RTW http://www.drymounted.com/pin/1116 Klass, of The Rolling Thunder Writers of NYC Subway Graffiti fame.Â One of the most prolific, heavy-hitting graffiti crews in the history of graffiti art. RTW covered the period from 1976 well into the end of subway graffiti in the 1990â€™s. Known from their very psychedelic originsâ€¦from Central Parkâ€™s Band Shell to the One Tunnelâ€¦Where Hippie meets Hip-Hop, the funk gets stronger! And beyonder!
- APAUL and SNEKE (our very own) http://instagify.com/media/1039366783965195771