â€œSpread the Word â€“ School Starts September 3rd!â€ (and Kindergartners start on September 9). The first day of school for Highline Public Schools will beÂ Thursday, Sept. 3, for all students except Kindergartners who start on Sept. 9. Highline Public Schools is among several area school districts starting school before Labor Day this year. â€œEvery day is important for student learning,â€ Superintendent Susan Enfield said. Dr. Enfield is urging local residents to share the message, spread the word â€“ school starts Sept. 3. Families are encouraged to download Highlineâ€™s mobile app and visit the districtâ€™s special webpage at www.highlineschools.org/welcomeback for the latest back-to-school information. Also…courtesy the district, here are theÂ Top 8 Things to Do Before School Starts:
- Find a Bus Route â€“ Find your childâ€™s bus route before the first day of school by using our online tool. Search for nearby bus stops by entering your home address.
- Update Your Emergency Contact Info â€“ Make sure we have your current phone number and email address so we can reach you quickly during an emergency and keep you up-to-date about what is happening at school. Update your contact information with your school office.
- Review Our Emergency DOs & DONâ€™TsÂ â€“ Itâ€™s important to be prepared for an emergency. Student safety is our number one priority. Our schools have safety plans in place to handle natural disasters, security issues, and other emergency situations, in coordination with local law enforcement and first responders. Help us keep your child safe by following these Emergency DOs & DONâ€™Ts.
- Download Our Mobile App â€“ The easiest way to stay on top of the latest news, calendar events, and emergency information about your child’s school is to download our free Highline mobile app. You can even access your child’s grades and attendance on your smartphone. Learn more.
- Register for Free & Reduced-Priced Meals â€“ Apply online today for free and reduced-priced meals for the school year. All families must reapply each year. The online application only takes a few minutes and is the fastest, easiest way to get approved.
- Follow Us on Social Media â€“ Get social with us by liking us on Facebook, and following us on Twitter and Instagram. We share the best photos and news from our schools on social media. Use the hashtag #WeAreHighline to share your own school photos.
- Review the Rights & Responsibilities Handbook â€“ An online version of our student Rights and Responsibilities can be found here. Be on the lookout for a printed copy sent home with students at the beginning of the year. Please note the change in the photo-opt out process.
- Pick Up a School Supply List â€“ School supply lists can be found online on each school’s website. You can find a directory of school websites here.