Local filmmakers and historians Steve Edmiston and Scott Schaefer will be presenting ‘J. Edgar Hooverâ€™s Flying Discs: The Maury Island Incident’ at the 40th Annual Norwescon from 3 â€“ 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 13 at the Doubletree Inn in SeaTac. Celebrating the 70thÂ anniversary of the Summer of the Saucers, the filmmakers will provide a special lecture presentation, â€œJ. Edgar Hooverâ€™s flying discs: whyÂ the Maury Island IncidentÂ is the seminal event in modern popular culture relating to UFOs, conspiracies, and cover-ups,â€ followed by the screening of the multiple award-winning 30-minute film,Â ‘The Maury Island Incident,’ as well asÂ an audience Q&A session. Norwescon is the Pacific Northwestâ€™s premier science fiction and fantasy convention and one of the largest regional science fiction and fantasy conventions in the United States. While maintaining a primarily literary focus, Norwescon is large enough to provide a venue for many of the other aspects of science fiction and fantasy and the interests of its fans such as anime, costuming, art, gaming, and much, much more. GET TICKETS NOW The cost for a full-weekend (four day) adult membership is currentlyÂ $65,Â in effect through March 31, 2017. As of April you will need to get your memberships at the con, where the at-door price will be $75, soÂ register today for the best rate!
- Schedule of events:Â http://www.norwescon.org/con/schedule-of-events/
- Website: http://www.norwescon.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Norwescon/
- 2015 UFO Congress Best Short Film
- Big Island Film Festival opening night gala
- Washington Filmworks Innovation Lab Grant
- Gig Harbor Film Festival Best Short
- Seattle International Film Festival world premiere and more.