Fireworks are to blame for a fire that burned part of a hedge Tuesday night (July 4) next to Ola Salon, located at 1835 SW 152nd Street in Burien (map below).
There was no damage to the building, nor any injuries.
Witnesses reported seeing several kids running away from the scene of the fire, but they were not located.
â€œA neighbor heard some kids yelling â€˜fireâ€™,â€ Owner Rachel Karlin told The B-Town Blog. â€œThe kids took off, our neighbor called 9-1-1, and the fire department showed up right away.â€
Here’s a cell phone video of the fire as shot by the neighbor:
Rachel found out about the blaze when she opened her salon Wednesday morning, discovering a charred hedge with a paint can in it, along with discarded firework detritus in the parking lot.
â€œI want to know who did this,â€ she added, â€œand they can come help clean things up.”
Rachelâ€™s been remodeling the building since November, and her salon has been opened since May 2.
Also, the owner of Alafair Antiques posted this online:
â€œHad the fire grown it would have burned down our entire building. We’re asking for the people of Burien to help us find the culprit or culprits so that we can identify them to the police. A person or persons were illegally firing fireworks off in our private parking lot located at 1835 Southwest 152nd Street. Any and all help you can provide please call 206-682-5865 or call the Burien Police Department. Thank you.â€
We are assiting Burien Fire in the 1800 Block of SW 152 where it appears fireworks set some bushes on fire next to a building.
â€” Burien Police (@BurienPD) July 5, 2017