The Seattle Southside region â€“ including Burien â€“ will get some star treatment through this Saturday (July 29) whenÂ Brand USAÂ will be filming for a series of short videos aimed at attracting international visitors from around the world. The videos will be filmed in partnership with the Seattle Southside Regional Tourism Authority. Here are some photos of the film crew in action in Burien on Thursday, July 27 (click images to see larger versions/slideshow): To show the diversity of the destination, Seattle Southside highlights to appear in the Brand USA video include Burien Town Square and Seahurst Park in Burien; Saltwater State Park in Des Moines, Angle Lake Park and the Highline Botanical Garden in SeaTac; the Des Moines Farmers Market and Westfield Southcenter Mall in Tukwila. Brand USA was established by Congress in 2010 to promote the U.S. asâ€¨ a premier travel destination for international visitors. Being featured by Brand USA allows Seattle Southside to profit by:
- Promoting their local story directly to international travelers through enticing, affordable, authentic and high-quality multimedia.
- Increasing business for area hotels, restaurants, attractions, retail and family-owned businesses, which generates Seattle Southside area tax revenues.
- Helping create jobs locally.
- VisitTheUSA.comâ€™s digital and social channels, which include Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube and Instagram.
- Brand USAâ€™s in-country representatives to reach each countryâ€™s travel trade industry via trade shows, roadshows and training seminars.