A brutal assault â€“ with a machete and a chain â€“ took place near the 76 station located on SW 148th Street near 1st Ave South in Burien Wednesday night, April 18. Police say that at about 7:10 p.m., multiple 911 calls came in about an assault in progress near SW 148th Street and 1st Ave South. Deputies arrived and located two male suspects â€“ ages 25 and 30 â€“ who were taken into custody and booked into King County Jail. Here are the events as we know them:
- A transient male was outside on SW 148th Street when two intoxicated suspects approached him and for no reason pushed over his bike and belongings.
- A Good Samaritan in the area saw what occurred and tried to get the suspects to stop messing with the transientâ€™s belongings.
- The suspects turned on the Good Samaritan â€“ one produced a machete and one had a belt like chain â€“ and they began brutally assaulting the victim with (video of the assault is below).
- At one point the transient tried to help, but the suspects attempted to throw him into traffic driving by.
- Two cooks at a nearby restaurant were able to chase down the suspect who had the machete and hold him to the ground until Police arrived.
- Police were able to arrest the second suspect with the chain.
- The victim is a 39-year old male from Burien, who was treated by Medics and transported to Harborview Medical Center in critical condition.