Last week, the Highline Council PTSA honored students, teachers, employees and community members with scholarships and awards â€“ including to The B-Town Blog â€“ at the district’s central office in Burien. Five Highline Public Schools students were honored, along with teachers, staff and community members. “PTSA strives to help benefit the education, health, and welfare of the students in our community,” organizers said. “HCPTSA is proud to be able to offer scholarships to students. Scholarships are funded by the Social Services Fund, which Highline School employees have the opportunity to contribute to.We honor our volunteers and educators who give so much of their time, talent, and energy to benefit our students.” Here are the five student scholarship winners:
- Aydarus Saleban, Tyee High School
- Veronica Soran, Raisbeck Aviation High School
- Candace Del Rudin, CHOICE Academy
- Aracely Casillas, Tyee High School
- Christine Nguyen (Highline High School)
CONGRATS to all the winners, and THANKS Highline Council PTSA!
The Purpose of Highline CouncilÂ Parent Teacher Student Association is:More info atÂ http://www.highlinecouncilptsa.org]]>
â€‹”We are the Highline Council PTSA, here to serve the PTSA’s within the Highline School District boundaries.”
- â€‹Support, coordinate, facilitate and serve the needs of the local PTA’s and provide information and guidance.
- â€‹Promote the objectives of the Washington State PTA and the National PTA through creating public opinion favorable to the interests of children and youth.
- â€‹Promote communication and cooperation among the member PTA’s of matters of mutual concern within the council boundaries.
- â€‹Assist in the formation of new PTA’s â€‹and encourage and encourage child welfare projects in local PTA’s and the community.