The SeaTac Police Department, in partnership with the King County Sheriff’s Office, are working to educate the youth of tomorrow about the roles of the police and the requirements of becoming a police officer at a Teen Police Academy from Aug. 5 – 9, 2019:
We are offering a one week course, free of charge to all ages 14-18 who qualify:
- No criminal history
- In good standing with school and the community
- Provide two written character references by an adult
- Must attend all 5 days to graduate
- Must have transportation to and from City Hall
- Must be enrolled in a school in the area, or have proof of home school.
The course will be held at the SeaTac City Hall from Aug. 5 – Aug. 9, from 8 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Topics to be covered are:
- Explorer opportunities
- Patrol procedures
- Range shooting
- and much more.
Transportation will be provided to all field trips and lunch will be included.
Graduation will be held on Aug. 9 at Noon, and all parents and family are welcomed.
Space is limited, so please apply online at http://www.ci.seatac.wa.us/government/city- departments/police/teen-police-academy or pick up an application from the SeaTac or Burien Police Departments.
For any further questions please contact: