On the agenda for Monday night’s Burien City Council meeting – a presentation on the arts & cultural district, an update on the urban center planning process, a discussion on amending the City’s zoning map, and more.
The meeting will be held at Burien City Hall starting at 7 p.m., with a special meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Download the full packet here (PDF file).
SPECIAL MEETING AT 6:30 PM:
- To Conduct Interviews of Applicants to the Arts Commission and the Parks & Recreation Board.
PROCLAMATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Proclamation Proclaiming September 21, 2019 as Mayor’s Day of 5 Concern for the Hungry in the City of Burien. (Jimmy Matta, Mayor / Glenn Turner, Executive Director, Emergency Feeding Program of Seattle & King County)
- Presentation on an Arts & Cultural District in Burien. (Andrea Reay, President/CEO, Seattle Southside Chamber of Commerce)
- Motion to Approve an Appointment to the Arts Commission. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- Motion to Approve Appointments to the Parks & Recreation Board. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- Update on the Urban Centers Planning Process. (Thara Johnson, Senior Planner)
- Discussion and Potential Action on Ordinance No. 712 Amending City’s Zoning Map and Adopting Findings and Conclusions Regarding the Moore, Assefa and Wu Development Rezone Requests. (Thara Johnson, Senior Planner / David Johanson, Senior Planner)
- Discussion and Potential Action on Ordinance No. 713 Extending the Moratorium on Enhanced Services Facilities for 6 an Additional Six Months.(Lisa Marshall, City Attorney / Thara Johnson, Senior Planner)
- Discussion of Proposed FY2020 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Projects.(Lori Fleming, Contract Management Analyst)
- Discussion and Potential Action Regarding Puget Sound Regional Council (PSRC) VISION 2050. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- Discussion Regarding Preliminary Options to Develop a Sustainability and Climate Action Plan. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager / Maiya Andrews, Public Works Director)
- Burien Airport Committee Briefing. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- Review of the Council Proposed Agenda Schedule. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)