Highline Public Schools this week released its interactive annual report for 2019, which can be found at highlineschools.org/report.
The district says the report shows progress toward five bold goals outlined in Highline’s strategic plan. It includes new metrics for each goal, which reflects the update made to their strategic plan in 2018. Some of the new metrics include:
- Student involvement at school, including athletics and after-school clubs.
- College and career plans after high school for the Class of 2019.
- Student growth in reading and math.
- Student participation in a new digital citizenship lesson.
- Student enrollment in world language and heritage language courses and programs.
“This report to the community is unlike any other we have shared. It reflects our refreshed strategic plan and our commitment to our bold goals. We are excited to add additional data points for each goal,” said Superintendent Susan Enfield.
See results by goal, school, year and student group. Scroll over numbers and graphs to read pop-ups with more information. Watch videos showing staff living out each goal.
“We are committed to sharing the progress we are making toward our strategic plan goals,” Enfield said. “We have much to celebrate. Our graduation rate has risen for the sixth consecutive year to 83.3 percent. In areas where we are not making progress, we are analyzing results and determining strategies to improve.”