On the agenda for Monday night’s (Jan. 6, 2020) regular Burien City Council meeting: swearing-in ceremonies of three new councilmembers, the election of Mayor and Deputy Mayor, update and options on the closing of the Burien Annex, Plastics Ban, interim City Attorney services and more.
The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. at Burien City Hall, located at 400 SW 152nd Street.
Download the draft Agenda here (PDF file).
SWEARING IN CEREMONY:
- The Honorable David Christie, King County District Court Judge, will be administer Oaths of Office to the newly elected Councilmembers Sofia Aragon, Cydney Moore, and Kevin Schilling.
ELECTION OF MAYOR AND DEPUTY MAYOR:
- Election of Mayor
- Election of Deputy Mayor
- Community Center Annex Building – Support Options (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- Plastics Ban (Maiya Andrews, Public Works Director) Introduction and Discussion
- Interim City Attorney Services Contract (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager) Discussion and Potential Action
- Burien City Council Representatives for Local and Governmental Organizations for 2020 (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- City Council Guidelines Update (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- Council Agenda Planning Calendar (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)