UPDATE: On Tuesday, Mar. 3, 2020, Discover Burien announced that its ‘Best of Burien’ awards dinner – originally scheduled for Friday, Mar. 6 – will be postponed until Friday, May 8.
This decision was made by the Board of Directors, and is due to the coronavirus scare.
“Public safety has and always will be our number one priority for our guests, colleagues and friends at any event we produce,” the board said in a statement. “Therefore, it is out of an abundance of caution that the board of directors for Discover Burien have mutually agreed to postpone the Best of Burien Awards, Dinner & Auction from Friday, March 6, 2020 to Friday, May 8, 2020.”
The local business non-profit last week revealed the winners in the categories of Educator of the Year, Best Bloody Mary, Volunteer of the Year, Business Leader of the Year, Public Servant of the Year, Employer of the Year, Best Customer Service, Best Restaurant, and the Jeff Kearney Award.
Two additional winners were announced on Monday, Mar. 2:
Best of Burien 2020 Winners:
- Educator of the Year – Sara Ullmer, Highline High School
- Best Bloody Mary – The Point
- Volunteer of the Year – Jean Boyd
- Business Leader of the Year – Danny House, The Tin Room Bar & Theatre, Burien Pizzeria (co-owner), Dan the Sausage Man
- Public Servant of the Year – Burien Police Officer Mark Hayden
- Employer of the Year – The Point
- Best Customer Service – Frankie’s B-Town Bistro
- Best Restaurant – Frankie’s B-Town Bistro
- Jeff Kearney Award – Doug Query, Team Clean Sweep
Honorees will be now be awarded with their plaques during the Best of Burien Awards, Dinner & Auction this Friday, May 8, 2020 at the Burien Community Center (14700 6th Ave SW).
- Single tickets are $40 for Discover Burien members or $50 for non-members.
- For tables of eight, prices are $280 for members or $320 for non-members.
- Please purchase your tickets online via discoverburien.org/best-of-burien.
- Member and non-member rates are available.
- Proceeds from the event support Discover Burien, a nonprofit service organization dedicated to economic development and community engagement in Burien.