Given the fast spread of COVID-19 and out of great concern for employees and the community at-large, all Seattle Goodwill and Goodwill of the Olympics & Rainier Region will be temporarily closing their retail stores starting Thursday, March 19, and continuing through April 2, 2020.
This includes the Burien Goodwill store located at 1031 SW 128th Street.
Employees will be paid during this time.
Some donation centers will remain open.
Here are the details:
- Goodwill stores and many donation centers will close from March 19 – April 2, 2020.
- Our online stores will continue to operate, selling many unique treasures on eBay, ShopGoodwill and Amazon.
- During this time, our job training staff will continue to provide support services and case management to students via phone and web-based conferencing.
- All Goodwill employees who continue working are taking necessary steps to help prevent the spread of illness, per CDC guidelines, like frequently washing and sanitizing our hands, counters and public areas, social distancing and staying home when ill.
- This situation is being closely monitored to determine when stores can be opened again and we will reassess the situation prior to April 2.