On the agenda for Monday night’s regular – yet ‘virtual’ – Burien City Council meeting on April 20, 2020: updates on Fire and Police departments, emergency budget reductions, support and resources for residents and businesses, business license code, and more.
Download the full agenda packet here (PDF file).
“Please note that during this uncertain time, the city is aiming to reserve the bandwidth of the virtual meetings for residents who do not have the ability to submit their comments in writing, or to view the meetings via livestream or on Burien TV Channel 21,” the city said. “Therefore, we respectfully request that you do not join the webinar if you do not have any comments to share, or are able to view the meeting online or on Channel 21.”
- PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS:
- CITY MANAGER’S REPORT ON EMERGING ISSUES
- Fire and Police Status Update (Police Chief Theodore Boe / Fire Chief Mike Mars)
- Support and Resources for Burien Residents (Colleen Brandt-Schluter, Human Services Manager)
- Support and Resources for Burien Businesses (COVID-19 pandemic) (Chris Craig, Economic Development Manager)
- COVID-19 – City Manager’s Emergency Budget Adjustments/Reductions (Eric Christensen, Finance Director)
- Appoint Two Applicants to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board (Megan Gregor, City Clerk)
- Consider Approval of Resolution No. 428, Preliminary Subdivision Request for the Greensward Farm Subdivision (Brandi Eyerly, Planner)
- Presentation of Ordinance No. 735, Related to Business License Code Updates and Resolution to Update the Fee Schedule (Cathy Schrock, Administrative Services Director)
- Council Agenda Planning Calendar (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- CITY MANAGER’S REPORT