These times require new perspectives, and in response to keeping staff and donors safe, Bloodworks Northwest has temporarily pivoted from its traditional mobile blood drives to Pop-up Donor Centers.
These are multi-day, sometimes multi-week locations in spacious temporary venues where they set up equipment and hold several days of blood collections safely.
The City of Normandy Park will be hosting a new Pop-Up Donor Center in early June, providing donors a convenient, local location to donate blood during statewide stay-at-home orders. Local, state, and national leaders are unanimous – donating blood remains a critical and safe activity for community health.
All donations at this Pop-Up Donor Center and other Donor Centers are by appointment only to provide the safest donation environment and adhere to all social distancing guidelines. Additionally, no walk-ins, guests, or people under age 16 are permitted onsite. Your one-hour donation appointment is a safe and essential action to support local hospitals.
Here’s info about the Normandy Park event:
WHAT: Pop-Up Donor Center
WHERE: Normandy Park City Hall, 801 SW 174th Street, Normandy Park, 98166
WHEN: June 1, 2, 8 and 9
Please reserve your life saving appointment for the upcoming Pop-Up at the City of Normandy Park – CLICK HERE or give Bloodworks NW a call at 800-398-7888 (Sponsor code 508B).
- Bloodworks Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BloodworksNW/
- Bloodworks Northwest Twitter: https://twitter.com/BloodworksNW
- Bloodworks Northwest Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bloodworksnw/
- Bloodworks Northwest LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/puget-sound-blood-center
- Bloodworks website: https://www.bloodworksnw.org/
- Information for donors about coronavirus at bloodworksnw.org/coronavirus