On the agenda for Monday night’s (June 1, 2020) regular Burien City Council meeting: status of reopening businesses, an update on the local coronavirus relief fund, delivery fees for restaurants, Enhanced Services Facilities and more.
Download the full agenda here (PDF file).
If you would like to provide public comment, the city asks that you fill out a public comment form by 5 p.m. on the day of the meeting, so they may know to call on you. Alternatively, you can type your comment into the form, if you would prefer for the Clerk to read it aloud at the meeting.
Other ways to provide public comment:
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT ON EMERGING ISSUES:
- Status of Governor Inslee’s Phased Approach to Recovery and Reopening Guidelines (Garmon Newsom II, City Attorney)
- Local Government Coronavirus Relief Fund Update (CARES Act) (Eric Christensen, Finance Director)
- City of Burien Plan Annex to the King County Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan (Robin Tischmak, Assistant Public Works Director (206) 439-3164) Introduction and Discussion
- Introduction to Resolution No. 432, Calling for a Limit on Third-Party Restaurant Delivery Fees (Chris Craig, Economic Development Manager) Introduction and Discussion
- Enhanced Services Facilities (ESFs) (Susan McLain, Community Development Director) Discussion and Potential Action
- Adopt Ordinance No. 740, Amending BMC 2.75.070(1), BMC 2.75.070(9), and BMC 2.75.080(6) Related to Emergency Powers
(Garmon Newsom II, City Attorney) Discussion and Potential Action
- City Council Planning Calendar (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager) Review
- 2021-2026 Transportation Improvement Program (Maiya Andrews, Public Works Director (206) 248-5521) Introduction and Discussion
- Personnel Action – PaRCS Advisory Board (Brian Wilson, City Manager) Discussion and Potential Action