On Thursday, June 4, 2020, the City of Burien will host a panel discussion with local development professionals to discuss real estate development issues in Burien.
The discussion – which will be held online from Noon – 1 p.m. – will be open to the public, and will be livestreamed via Zoom.
Panelists will discuss the general development climate and market in Burien, permitting and zoning issues, and how to increase affordability in new housing.
“We want to welcome development projects of all kinds in Burien. As a city, we want to increase our supply of affordable housing, services and employment opportunities,” said Susan McLain, City of Burien Community Development Director. “We also want to pay attention to Burien’s unique character, and to serving the diverse communities who live, work, and do business in our community. To serve all of these goals, we need to understand how local developers make decisions.”
The public is invited to attend the forum through Zoom. Panelists include:
- Alexis Chartouni, principal of Finem Investment and Development who created Burien’s Merrill Gardens and the Maverick Apartments;
- Todd McKittrick, owner of Millennial Buildings, a residential development company in Burien and surrounding communities;
- Javier Morales, president of Morales Properties and Investments, who develops residential land throughout the region;
- Han Phan, owner of PBG, a Seatac-based engineering and development firm with extensive experience developing in Burien; and
- Jeremy Rene, owner of a full-service architectural firm and designer of residential and mixed-use projects throughout the Puget Sound area.
“We want to listen to the needs and concerns of the development community in order to ensure our City processes and procedures are efficient and effective,” said Brian A. Wilson, Burien City Manager. “We appreciate the time these expert panelists are giving to help us best serve Burien.”
Join the event:
WHAT: Burien Developer’s Forum
WHEN: Thursday, June 4, 2020: Noon–1 p.m.
LINK: Join the Zoom webinar