The grand opening for the new Logan Brewing Company will be Friday, Aug. 14, 2020, from 3 – 10 p.m., at 510 SW 151st Street in the Maverick apartment building (map below).
Speed Runner IPA & Easy Mode Blonde Ale will be served at the opening, which was delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We have faced many challenges including the COVID-19 pandemic which pushed our opening back from March to August,” owner Chris Palumbo said. “We have been rolling with the punches and are finally ready to debut our first two beers, Speed Runner IPA (6.8% abv made with Ekuanot & Amarillo hops) and Easy Mode Blonde Ale (5.4 % abv made with Pilsner Malt and Hallertau Hops).”
The new brewery is named for Logan Palumbo, owner Chris’s younger brother, who passed away from suicide in 2015.
“It is our mission to carry on Logan’s spirit in our name and theme, and also to make quarterly donations to suicide awareness and prevention charities,” Palumbo added. “We are a small team which met at UC Davis in the practical brewing program, General Manager Claire Conroy is a San Francisco native with a background in charitable fundraising, Brewmaster Michael Woodruff from Monterey, CA who studied Fermentation science UC Davis and has worked at breweries across the country, and Chris Palumbo an entrepreneur from Pasadena, CA who studied business and beer at UC Davis.”
They’ll also have three beers fermenting and will be released soon after they open: Mind on Midnight, a Cascadian Dark Ale with cold brew coffee provided by Burien Press, Full Hearts, an American Wheat Ale with 80+ pounds of raspberry added during fermentation, and Green Hill Zone, a Hazy IPA featuring Mosaic, Simcoe, and Amarillo Hops.
For more information, contact Chris Palumbo at [email protected].
Logan Brewing Company info:
- Is a 10 bbl brewery and taproom located in Burien Town Square in the Maverick Building Taproom is Family friendly, dog friendly, and features a large outdoor patio
- Does not offer food service, but guests may bring in food from local restaurants
- Is named for owner Chris Palumbo’s late brother Logan, who passed away in 2015
- Will make charitable contributions in Logan’s name to carry on his spirit
- Is themed after Logan’s favorite things, video games, board games, and nerdy pop culture
- Is owner Chris Palumbo, master brewer Michael Woodruff, and general manager Claire Conroy
Logan Brewing is located at 510 SW 151st Street: