On the agenda for Monday night’s (Sept. 21, 2020) Burien City Council meeting: building code updates, human services & affordable housing funding, business & rental housing license fees, Ambaum Corridor development, & more.
Download the full agenda here (PDF file).
PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS:
- Housing Development Consortium Award Presentation
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT ON EMERGING ISSUES:
- Council Public Safety Feedback 9/14/2020 (Surveys accepted until October 5, 2020. Report to Council planned for early November 2020.)
- a) Introduction to Ordinance No. 738, Incorporating Technical Code Amendments (Steven Blake, Building Official)
- b) Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the City of Burien and Teamsters Local Union No. 763 (Cathy Schrock, Administrative Services Director)
- c) Proposed Use of FY2021 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds (Colleen Brandt-Schluter, Human Services Manager, Lori Fleming, Management Analyst)
- d) Allocation Recommendation of 2021-2022 Human Services General and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds (Colleen Brandt-Schluter, Human Services Manager)
- e) Introduction to Ordinance No. 745, Providing for the Automatic Increase in the Rental Housing Business License Fees (Garmon Newsom II, City Attorney)
- f) Requested 2021-2022 Revenue Options: Resolution No. 438, Increase in Business License Fees (Eric Christensen, Finance Director)
- g) Burien Participation in StART (SEA Airport Stakeholder Advisory Round Table) (Brian Wilson, City Manager)
- h) Ordinance No. 746, A Moratorium On Development in the Ambaum Corridor (Nicole Gaudette, Senior Long-Range Planner)
- i) City Council Planning Calendar (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager) Review